Friday, November 13, 2009

Speak Friend and Enter

It seems travelling has become something of a hazard these days. With the H1N1 epidemic, we are cautioned to wear medical masks, carry hand sanitizer and as always, avoid touching things.

While on our way to Hawaii a few weeks ago, I was battling a bad case of bronchitis-death. Kari and Sarah can attest to the fact that I tried to find a mask to cover my face so that when people heard me coughing on the plane, they would see I respect their personal health boundaries. Apparently they don't sell medical masks in the airport. They do however, sell H1N1 masks online. They look like this:


The problem is, nobody warns you about flesh particle diseases. I too did not know the dangers of the skin associated with older Hawaiian men. Apparently it has a chaffing/flaking ratio of 10:1 compared to the normal human. Take for instance this friendly man who sat across the aisle from Kari. I know you can't see him super well but he's got on purple running shorts...a white tank top...a fanny pack? Sounds like a good time to me.


False. After he stood up and more or less "mooned" Kari, he gave his body a good ol' shake resulting in this winter wonderland:



I might take The Mines of Moria over this. Perhaps it may be better to go around with all over body protection when travelling:



At least we had fun in Hawaii.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is quite possibly one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. I hope you squirted some sanitizer in your eyes and washed with scalding water after witnessing that. I just had an entire-body shudder. No joke.

Kari said...

seriously....one of the most disgusting things ever! i was scarred by that man and i'm pretty sure i am throwing those pants away! glad you captured the moment though, lynds.