Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sometimes, When I'm Awfully Low...I Watch Sesame Street.

When asked what I was thankful for at Thanksgiving dinner last week, I almost said Elmo. But considering I'm relatively new to Andrew's side of the family I opted for something more traditional...like friends and family.

Fortunately for my conscience, this answer was sufficient as I consider Elmo one of my friends (and a member of my family because technically he's a monster...and there are some monsters in my family?...not working I know). It's just that he always puts me in such a good mood. Five minutes with Elmo is the equivalency to 30 minutes with an aging golden retriever or one hour with a basketful of kittens. Elmo just does good things for the soul (...like Jesus[I was also thankful for Jesus]). I don't know why I always laugh when Elmo laughs, or why the idea of Robert De Niro as Elmo still strikes a chord with me, or when Elmo tells Ricky Gervais to essentially "get off" him...ahhhh there's just something about it.








And while you're at it, why not watch Elmo's prank phone call ?(not associated with Sesame Street).

3 comments:

Karyn said...

Though I fear Sesame Street has turned toward becoming a liberal propaganda submarine, I'm thankful how we can be thankful for things God gives us as friends, even if they aren't people. Anything worthwhile and pure is good for the soul, like my friends: the puppy store and books, or nighttime dreams.

If I had a computer with sound, or knew at all who Ricky Gervais was, I'm sure I'd enjoy these videos even more. But at least I can imagine sweet Elmo's voice. Thanks Lynds, for the inspiration to be more like Elmo--or a tiny puppy dog.

Julie A said...

That is halarious. Elmo doesn't do much for me but I am glad that he can bring you so much happiness:) I think I hate Sesame Street because when I was younger the only channel we had was OPB and it was always on.

I hope that next year you will tell your in-laws that you are thankful for Elmo and then blog about how that went:) I love your blog posts by the way.

On another note...question for you....Do you want to start a book club??? (I am serious)

Kari said...

seriously...i'm so glad we're friends. :)