Monday, January 3, 2011

The Precious

It's like I've finally arrived in life...



The Starbucks Gold Card: a sign that one has spent a fiscally irresponsible amount of money on coffee in 2010.

I was just trying to help the economy.

But really, I'm not sure exactly what I feel when I use this card -- something of a mix of pride, guilt, maybe a hint of self-loathing?

But it's just so golden and shiny.



I find myself making a lot of Lord of the Rings quotes around it:

One card to rule them all,
One card to find them,
One card to bring them all
and in the darkness bind them.

Let's just hope Andrew doesn't decide to go all Frodo on me.

He might lose a finger.

P.S. If you have not read the Lord of the Rings [or at least seen the movies], I cannot help you make sense of this post. Your life is likely unfulfilled and you should seek to resolve this issue immediately.
 

7 comments:

Karyn Guido said...

But...what IS it?

lyndsey said...

It means you are important...and that you get a free drink for every 15 stars, free soy milk, free syrups, free refills on coffee etc.

Plus, I'm going to put it on my resume.

Kari said...

thanks a lot for that p.s. lyndsey!

Karyn Guido said...

How do you get this golden ticket?

Karyn Guido said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lyndsey said...

Kari -- ok. But. You HAVE at least seen Lord of the Rings right? I mean, I know it's not "real" but we lived together...for like, two years...you must have.

Karyn -- you basically just register a Starbucks gift card and then spend lots of money on it. Uuuummm weren't you once a barista?

Jenny said...

Wow, until I read this I had no idea my life was so meaningless.