Monday, April 26, 2010

Hotel. Motel.

The Holiday Inn. That's where we have been living for the past 2 weeks since arriving in Augusta. I won't say hotel life is all bad: someone else does your linens, vacuums your floors, cleans your counter-tops, free internet etc. (not to mention the Army is paying for it), but it is nothing like The Suite Life of Zack & Cody (who by the way, are on a cruise ship now anyway).

Currently, there are boxes stacked bed-high all around, laundry needing to be done on the floor and some type of strange chicken concoction going on in the crock-pot. The good news is, we should be moving out of here on Saturday. We just paid a deposit on a little downtown number. It's an old historic building that a real estate group renovated and turned into 6 apartment units. Which means our apartment is only 600 square feet and doesn't have a dishwasher...but what it lacks in practicality, it makes up for in character.

More to come on life in Georgia...

5 comments:

Karyn said...

Those lyrics are inappropriate times a billion. Disappointed.

I'm glad you are moving to the majestic apartment place by the time I come! That building looked really charmtastic; maybe I'll even be your dishwasher while I'm there...

Unknown said...

wow, i wonder what the Rumreys would do to a 600 sq. ft. home?

I wish I could say, "Be expecting a visit."

Doing the dishes is the best time to pray. I wouldn't know, myself as we have a dish-washer, but that's what I hear.

Unknown said...

woops, kyle is KeriAnn.

lyndsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lyndsey said...

Ker --
That's a funny comment...if by pray you mean curse.